Since 1971 the Veterinarians and support staff at Edgewood Animal Hospital have sought to achieve the highest standards of veterinary medicine. We feel that cats are part of the family, yours and ours. Our clients response to the care we provide is the strongest testament to the quality of care we provide for their cats.
You can find our recent client feedback here.
Edgewood Animal Hospital offers preventative health care as well as advanced diagnostic and surgical services.
We Support Every Stage Of Your Cat's Life
As your feline friend grows, they will move through six distinct stages of life:
- Kitten: 0-6 months
- Junior: 7 months - 2 years
- Prime: 3 - 6 years
- Mature: 7 - 10 years
- Senior: 11 - 14 years
- Geriatric: 15+ years
Naturally, as a cat grows and progresses through life, it will undergo physiological changes and face a variety of life events that will require care and attention. From kitten care to geriatric cat medicine, consistent preventive care can make all the difference in the quality of life of your cat. Ultimately your cat's health will impact your relationship with them.
Cats are very good at hiding illness. In fact, most cats will simply become less active and less interactive when very ill. Any signs of illness that a cat may show will be very subtle. Any change in their behavior should warrant a consideration that they may be ill. Many clients will return from work to find that their cat simply does not greet them at the door as usual. This may be an indication that your cat is ill. Because the signs of cat illness are so subtle, if you should notice any obvious changes in behavior please call our office.
Extended hours And Emergency Cat Care
Typically cats don't RSVP for a veterinary emergency. Therefore, our hospital keeps extended hours. Our office hours are:
- Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm
- Saturday: 8am - 2pm
- Sunday: Closed
If you happen to call after 7:00pm Monday-Friday or after 2:00pm Saturday, we will refer you to the Eastern Iowa Veterinary Specialty Center.
Cat Health Services and Treatments
At Edgewood Animal Hospital we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds and circumstances:
- Acupuncture: Our practice utilizes both eastern and western medicine through the cosideration and inclusion of acupuncture in some cases
- Allergy Testing: Cats commonly face a number of allergens that can cause a wide variety of symptoms, allergy testing can help us identify and properly treat the root cause of some issues
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine and knowledge to ensure your cat stays safe while under anesthesia
- Behavior Services: Your cat's behavior is not genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Declawing: With a focus on education and compassionate cat care, we can help you decide whether declawing is the right option or whether you should consider alternatives
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Dermatology: Diagnosing skin conditions early is highly beneficial in treatment. However, if a skin condition has already developed, it must be addressed before it worsens
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a danger both your pet and family, let us ensure that your cat is protected from worms
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians and technicians to accurately diagnose your cat's condition so that the proper treatment can be prescribed
- Eye Care: Our doctors are trained to recognize feline specific eye disease and choose treatments based upon efficacy and your cat's tolerance to specific treatments.
- Flea & Tick: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education prevention, diagnosis and treatment for your cat
- Kitten Care: We help you learn to care for your kitten through education and nutritional awareness while providing the proper preventive medical treatments
- Laboratory: Our laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your cat
- Laser Therapy: Our cold laser therapy is a tool used to treat cats for post operative pain, arthritis and other inflammatory conditions. It is painless and well tolerated by all cats
- Medications: When your cat requires medication our doctors will provide the right prescription
- Microchip ID: Microchipping is the best way to aid in having your cat returned safely should it become lost
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for you cat in different life stages and to aid in the management of certain illness
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability or condition
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your cat has a long healthy life
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats. We will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline
- Spay or Neuter: We provide a safe and painless surgical experience for your cat
- Surgery: Our facilities, equipment and staff offer your cat the best option for a successful surgery and recovery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's needs
Make An Appointment With Edgewood Animal Hospital Today
Our success as a hospital is a reflection of the health and happiness of our patients and clients. From preventive medicine to comprehensive illness and disease intervention, our hospital staff will ensure that your next visit to our hospital will resonate with care, respect, transparency and compassion. Schedule an appointment today.